Monday, January 26, 2009

Cup Cakes

I had my first ever paid cake-making gig this weekend. I made two dozen tennis themed cupcakes for an acquaintance's mother's birthday party. They were pretty cute and sure looked yummy, but sadly, I neglected to take a picture. It's my sister's fault because instead of taking pictures on Saturday morning, I ended up going to watch my niece and nephew play basketball, which was pretty funny. My niece, age 8, flubbed several balls, fell down and hurt her knee and cried, and spent most of the game on the bench. She was the cutest player though. My nephew was considerably better, scoring several points, and his team had their first win of the season. A real nail biter.

Douglas is in much better spirits today. For the first time in weeks, his tail isn't tucked between his legs and he's doing his awkward little tap dance that he does when he's excited about something like me talking to him or opening the drawer that the leashes are kept in. It's the little things, you know, when you're a dog.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I wish you'd taken a pic!

Anny said...

I second Jennifer!

Hooray for Douglas and the niece/nephew combo though :)