Friday, January 30, 2009

Another satisfied customer

I encountered a new situation today...  someone was unsatisfied with an item that I sold them on eBay.  I sold him a wireless webcam and he said that the wireless feature didn't work and that he had to use a cable with it.   When I sent the camera, it was still in the factory-sealed packaging, so, I really have no way of knowing if it was actually broken or not, but suspected that he wasn't telling the truth because he said that the seal on the camera was broken and it had been tampered with.  If the seal was broken, it was before we owned it since we never even opened the box.  I wasn't sure what to do, since I have a no refunds policy on my sales, but I didn't want to rip someone off if the item was truly broken.

So, I ended up reaching a great agreement with him!  Since he could still use the camera with a cable, I offered to sell him another wireless camera for the price of a non-wireless camera, which worked out great since I have another wireless camera that is missing an antenna that I didn't want to list for sale until I got the antenna replaced.  But, this works out perfectly because he can use the antenna from the one that he claims is not working with this new camera and use this one as his wireless camera and the other camera as a wired one.

Does that make sense?  Basically, I took a complaint and turned it into another sale.  

But, what do you normally do if someone claims something you sold them is broken?  I guess you have to judge it depending on the situation.  

1 comment:

Anny said...

I have a three day "if its not as described" return policy. Basically I'll accept a return if they pay postage back. eBay lets you check a box saying they are responsible for it.