Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Affendoodle? Poopinscher?

I've had a hard time writing here- or anywhere else, for that matter- lately. My life is excrutiatingly boring these days, aside from back pain, which has managed to keep me somewhat busy whining and feeling sorry for myself.

Because we got him from the pound, the history of our ridiculous dog, Duke, is a mystery. He's at least part poodle- that's obvious. Most likely, he's also part schnauzer, because his fur gets this 80's frosted look about it when it gets on the longer side and he also has a little patch of course hair on his rump, but thanks to Cute Overload, I was recently introduced to a new kind of dog (new to me) that bares a striking resemblance to him... The Affenpinscher. Behold:

And for comparison, here's Duke:


Obviously, Duke's hair is curlier, but the eyes and his wacky ears are right on and those of the parts of him that neither seems particularly poodle or schnauzer. And yes, I know his sweater is gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

2 comments:

Bear said...

I like a Poopinsher. Whatever designer breed you come up with, he's darling! Thank-you for saving a life!

Anny said...

Cute overload indeed!