Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cake!




I've long since loved to bake and have served up quite a few delicious treats in my time, but now that I no longer eat such delicacies, I've developed a strange fascination with looking at them. I'm scared to actually bake something, fearing that it will send me into a fit of grief for my old friend Baked Goods.


I saw a link to Cake Spy on a weight loss support forum, of all places, and have been enjoying scrolling through the pages, appreciating the artistry. There, you will not only see the beautifully photographed desserts, but also the cutest little illustrations you ever did see.

It's also well-written and a good read, if you're into that kind of thing. Not to mention, the attire available at the online shop.


"Might as well burn all of your other tee shirts, because from now on, this is the only one you'll ever need.Yes, it's time to acquaint yourself with the newest CakeSpy t-shirt! It has basically the most magical scene ever: cupcakes, rainbows, unicorns, hearts and shooting stars!"

How could it get any better than that?

And while we're on the topic, but with a completly opposite sort of appeal, Cake Wrecks is another can't-miss Web site dedicated to confections.

Dedicated to cake-disasters created by "professional" cake decorators, this site will make you LOL, even if you're not into baking.

No comments: