Thursday, December 11, 2008

Project Mayhem

Wow. It's not easy being a creative genius.

It seems a lot of people are thinking that I'm "crazy" right now. I didn't know that so many people had so little faith in me or in my ability to succeed. I always thought it strange when people would say that no one believed in them or people told them they wouldn't make it, but wow, do I understand that now!

Personally, I feel as though I have never had so much potential or excitement about my future. I feel free from the rat race and like my options are endless. Sure, I'm taking some chances, but while playing it safe all these years got me some dollars in the bank, it did not get me happiness.

I want to make money- don't get me wrong. I have an obligation to make money. Responsibilities. Etc. I'm not running off to join the circus here, but I found myself in this situation and instead of being devastated, I am using this time to regroup and not continue further on the path to a sad meaningless life.

I am still in the process of deciding what I'm going to do next, but let me assure you that whatever I decide, I will be successful at it. This isn't the first time in my life that no one has believed in me, but yet, still, somehow I managed to put myself through college, have a successful career in television, have another successful career in public relations, buy a house at 25 and achieve many other goals that I set for myself. I can take care of myself and in the wise words of The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kim, I'm going to let my haters be my motivators.

I am not Jack's khaki pants.

No comments: