Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jen Cougar Mellencamp

Reinventing one's self is hard.  Sunday is my 31st birthday.  I'm not sure what this MEANS.

I'm weighing out the pros and cons of getting a subscription to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.  I read it almost every day, of course, since I'm a local news junkie, but I previously read the copy that came to my jobs and since then, I've been reading online, which is sufficient, but I'm thinking of just getting a Sunday subscription for the coupons.  I've never much used coupons unless they basically just fell into my lap, but since part of my job as a stay at home is saving money, I'm trying to decide if this would be a good investment.  It's $12 for two months worth of Sundays.  Would I save that much money?  

My sister says that every time she goes to the super market, they have to bring the manager out because she has more that $100 worth of coupons.  I don't even buy $100 worth of groceries at the super market.  My husband eats mostly fresh foods from the farmer's market and we get things like detergent from Sam's, so would I get my money's worth in coupons?  I guess it's not that big of an investment if it turns out not to be worth it.  As long as I don't buy stuff I don't need just because I have a coupon-  those sly coupon makers-  trying to make me buy swiffers and air fresheners!  

Also, thanks to a tip from my friend Kelly, I was able to keep my mindspring email address. She told me that she had recently downgraded to an email only account for $3, when I had been paying for 10 hours of dial up that I never use.  So, I called them up, and despite the fact that the guy could seriously barely speak English, I managed to change my plan.  

I'm also looking at cutting off the home phone and instead of getting our DSL through the phone company, switching to cable Internet access.  It's looking like I could have about $50 a month doing that.  We don't really use our home phone anyway.  

And finally, I think I'm going to switch to Metro PCS.  It's not like I'm doing a lot of traveling these days.  

1 comment:

Kelly Byrom said...

wow, i got a shout out! yeah we ditched the home phone when we moved and you know we don't get annoyed with telemarketers anymore and we successfully avoided robocalls. not to say that its all delightul...im fairly certain that half the time i talk on my cell on my spot on the couch that people can't really hear me. luckily i dont talk on the phone much. whose blog is this anyway..ill shut up now.