Monday, December 8, 2008

I Heart CVS

After reading my friend Anny's blog, who is a guru of frugality, I was referred to this site.  Apparently, CVS is the place to be for saving money.  I immediately went to the CVS website and signed up for their Extracare card and I'm about to embark on the process of getting my toiletries for freeish.  Apparently, the way it works is you buy stuff at CVS that are on sale or that you can get a coupon for or that are rebateable that also give you these extracare dollars that you can spend at CVS.   So, you try to get stuff for free or really really cheap, that gives you these dollars that you can use to buy other stuff that you actually need.  It's like a game.

I'm also looking at cutting costs.  My husband and I have already cut most of our costs before I quit my job.  We're not big spenders to begin with, but there's always room to cut.  The first and most obvious cut I need to make it my old email.  It's an email address that I don't use anymore, but still pay $10 a month to keep.  The reason that I haven't already let it go is because it's a mindspring email address and mindspring doesn't exist anymore.  I've had this email address since 1996.  For some reason, I associate a certain prestige with have this anachronistic email address, but that's just silly.  I need to go in there and save all the stuff I'm archiving there and then cancel the account.  I will do that this week.   

1 comment:

Anny said...

Dude its totally a game. If you have enough space it can become overwhelming too. This is before I moved out: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562588110GTehMC