Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gooseberry

I'd like to think of myself as the master of negotiation. When we bought our Honda, I handled the negotiations while Paul was as work and I did really well. I was cool, calm and collected. I was ready to walk away. But, when it comes to vintage Pyrex, I'm a teenage boy meeting a Playboy model. For example, I was casually yard saling with my friend Heffie a couple of weekends ago. We were browsing a table where a lady had a Lenox elephant, that I was mildly interested in, but she thought really highly of her elephant, so I was going to walk away and then I saw them.... a set of three near perfect condition gooseberrry bake-serve-store casserole dishes (with lids!). I looked at my friend and said something to the effect of, "I'm going to buy these. I don't care how much they cost."





Smooth. But, thankfully, the lady didn't seem to hear me and when I asked her how much, she quoted a price that would allow me to buy them and still turn a profit based on market value. Shew!

I also picked up some more Brody glass that day. It's a white ribbed milk glass pedestal vase and I got it for a steal, so I'm returning the favor and asking below value for it.



Both these items (and more!) and currently available for sale at Bad White Trash Memeories.


1 comment:

Anny said...

Wow those are ridiculously cute! I love white glass too but have nowhere to ...well anything... these days LOL