Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Poop

I have two dogs that I walk three times a day.  Like a good citizen, I take multiple plastic bags with me and pick up their poop, but honestly, I'm just about over it.  I mean, dogs, along with every other animal, have been pooping on the face of the earth for thousands of years and nothing bad had ever come of it.  You'll probably never even notice the little pile of poo in your yard for the few days that it's there before it's reabsorbed into the earth and speaking of, it's probably better for the environment than putting it in a plastic bag to go into some landfill.

And those people with the little signs in yards?  "Scoop the Poop!" or "Please curb your dog" or my favorite, "Love your dog?  Scoop its poop!  Respect your neighbor!"  I fail to follow that chain of logic.  Yes, I love my dog, but that doesn't mean I like carrying dog poop in my hand for a mile walk around the neighborhood and it's not as though I'm throwing it on your front door or putting it in your mailbox.  It's just sitting in your yard.  Get a real problem.

The one that bugs me the worst though is the "Curb your dog" people because they have three dogs, two of whom live outside in the fenced-in back yard freezing and barking their fool heads off and their other dog-  they never walk it and they leave it's poop in their yard all the time.  I think that they don't realize how much their little dog poops and think that other people are letting their dogs poop in their yard.  I want to write them a memo about everything they are doing wrong with their dogs and tape it over their sign.  

Anyway, Doug pooped in the "Love your dog..." people's yard today and I left it.  Sue me.

No comments: