Thursday, February 12, 2009

Facebook Part 2

So, I know, just last week, I was swearing all Facebook for all eternity, but I joined a couple of days ago.

So far, I've had a couple of awkward interactions with people I used to date, been friended by two people I went to high school with that I have no idea who they are and said hi to just about everyone else I've ever met, which comes to about 52 people. The funny thing is, a couple of people have tried to hit me up for a job. It's rough out there! I even did the 25 Random things about me thing, which I will now share with you. Here it is, in its entirety:

1) I got married in Las Vegas five years ago this week. What happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas, FYI.
2) I always wanted to be an anthropologist when I was a kid, but got distracted by film.
3) My father was a Southern Baptist preacher.
4) I have two cats who have names that begin with "C" for cat- ChiChi and Chloe and I have a dog who's name beings with "D" for dog- Duke. When I was looking to foster a dog, I took it as a sign that Douglas' name begins with "D."
5) I own an online vintage store that sells vintage housewares, accessories and clothing. (http://whitetrashmemories.etsy.com)
6) I am currently in the process of writing a novel.
7) I have had the same best friends for 18 years.
8) I am currently without a job for the first time since I was 15.
9) I love mid-century modern design and often go to garage sales and flea markets hunting for classic pieces.
10) I've never seen a ghost, but I'm intrigued by paranormal research.
11) I once got to bottle feed a baby orangutan and I've also hand-fed elephants and an alligator! I've also touched a panda!
12) I love scary movies!
13) I'm a sci-fi geek and I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Lost, but I don't dress up and go to conventions or anything. Okay, so I've been to Dragon Con, but I didn't dress up!
14) I'm interested in the English monarchy, especially the Tudors, but I've never seen that show.
15) I worked my way through college as an accounts receivable clerk at an architechture and engineering firm.
16) I waited tables at Shoney's in high school. Don't eat the breakfast bar.
17) I am the youngest of four children. My mom was 38 when she had me, which was old at the time, but now seems young.
18) I had skin cancer when I was three-years -old.
19) At age 7, I was diagnosed with psoriasis, which is an auto-immune disease that affects not only my skin, my also my bones and joints. Whee! In the past, I've had to take chemotherapy drugs to keep it under control and I'm currently doing radiation therapy, but not the kind that makes you sick. It just burns.
20) I got my tongue pierced when I was 18 and told my mom that it was"an outward expression of my inner pain." Angsty!
21) I went to Georgia Tech, but dropped out after the first semester. I later went to Georgia State. Dropping out of Georgia Tech is one of the best decisions I've ever made. It was not the place for me and I was on a path to a career I would have hated. My mom disagrees.
22) I went to my junior prom with my friend's brother because I couldn't find a date. We had a great time!
23) I am one of the two people on earth that do not like the beach. Thankfully, my husband is the other one.
24) I quit smoking four years ago, but still think about it every single day.
25) I hate loud noise and tend to avoid clubs and concerts, but it's not because I don't love music! I wish that I could get over this hang up so I could see some of my favorite bands live.

1 comment:

Anny said...

Thanks for sharing!

Skin cancer at 3? No wonder you hate the beach :(