Thursday, January 8, 2009

Outside the Box

I tired to think outside the box today in tems of job hunting and applied for two jobs that I would not normally think to apply for. One was a temporary position as a Production Assistant at a local cable television station and the other was as the Membership Manager for a non-profit. The PA job is well below my skill level, but it's temporary and it might be a foot in the door for another job. Plus, it would be cool to have some money coming in while I'm looking. The Membership Manager job... not sure how I feel about that one. Looking over the qualifications, I feel that I'm fairly qualified, although I've not really done anything like that before, but who has? One thing that I've seen over and over again at non-profits is people getting hired for jobs that they've never done before. Basically, if you have a solid work history and a college degree, you're qualified. I'm not sure how much I would enjoy that job, but I am confident that I would enjoy the organization since it's animal related.

It really is a tough job market right now. I had been telling myself that as soon as the holidays were over, the calls would start coming in, but that's not happening. The search continues!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Atta girl! Go get you a job! :)
Love you!