Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Junk Update

The lady showed up and took away my 32 cans of partially used paint.  She was happy to have it and I was happy to get rid of it.  Just the way recycling should work.

I was also able to find a place to take the computers.  I ended up talked to PC Trade Recycling, which is just a few miles from here.  I'm going to take them the computers tomorrow.  They will pick them up for a fee, but there's no charge if you drop them off!   

I'm so glad to be getting rid of this stuff that's been taking up space in my basement since forever.  I'm also getting up quite the yard sale pile and I can't wait until spring so I can have a major blowout.  Plus, last week's closet cleaning netted two bags of clothes for the next time the American Kidney Fund comes.  Actually making progress on this stuff has really gotten me inspired to try to get everything in order before I go back to work.

And speaking of, I hadn't heard anything from the school system where I applied to be a substitute, so I checked my status on their website today and it seems that they haven't received one of my reference forms, so I called the reference and it turns out that it had slipped her mind, so because I have to fill it out and sign my portion before she does her portion, I'm meeting with her next Friday so that she can fill it out for me.  After that, I should be good to go for substituting, which would be awesome because I could really use some money.

I also need to look into what to do with my retirement savings.  I don't have much, but what I do have is just sitting around losing money right now in a 403(B), so I need to find an investment advisor and find out how to roll that into a Roth that I can keep contributing to even after I get a new job with a new retirement plan.  It's strange how not having any extra money makes it so much clearer about what you should be doing with it when you have it.  Plus, I've heard that the stock market is having a huge sale right now!

Also, now that we know for sure that we can live off of Paul's income, that means that whatever my income is in the future should go right into savings without ever hitting the bank account.  

Now, I just need to get a job and then I'll be all set...

1 comment:

Anny said...

THIRTY-TWO!? How did that happen?

I can't wait for garage sale season either. I have so much junk to get rid of. Congrats on finding a computer solution too - sounds like you're being really productive this week :)