Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Junk Recycling

I've been working on cleaning out our basement, which is quite a task and I've found myself at a loss on a lot of items. The first is paint. Googling has returned nothing in terms of paint recycling in Atlanta, outside of Rockdale County. All I've found is other people looking for a solution.

The second is old computers. Technically and legally, these can go by the curb for garbage pick up, but that doesn't seem environmentally responsible. We have a ton of old computer and computer parts due to my husband's career, and I have no idea what to do with them

This site: www.earth911.com has a nifty search feature where you can type in what you want to recycle and your location and it gives you a list of recycling centers, but it hasn't been able to provide a solution for my situation.

No comments: