Tuesday, December 2, 2008

About.com

I applied for several interesting freelance gigs today including one as a guide at About.com, which is like the best possible freelance writing job. I've been watching their site, waiting for a topic that I was an expert in to come up and finally, today, one did. I applied to be the guide to camcorders. I figure with my professional videographer experience and my degree in film and video production, along with my writing experience, I have a shot, although I am sure that they are overwhelmed with applicants. This would be guaranteed monthly income in a substantial amount, which is a rarity in the freelance writing world. But, again, it's a long shot. The form letter they sent me said not to expect to hear anything for 8 weeks...

Speaking of long shots, I've decided not to try out for Design Star. I figured I'd wait a year and work on building up a decent portfolio and resolve some other personal issues and then try out. It's not like I was holding my breath. I think it would be better for me to focus on more realistic goals right now.

Boring.

1 comment:

Anny said...

Man working for About.Com would be so impressive! It sounds like you have a shot even if its in two months - seriously who advertises a job with such a long hiring process right before the hoidays?