Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hare Krishna Blouse

Most of the items in my store come from the past, but not this blouse. I'm pretty sure it comes from the future. Specifically, it's what all the post-technical revolution Hare Krishnas are wearing
This is designer vintage, ya'll. It's designed by Linda Allard for Ellen Tracy, a line carried by Nordstrom in the 80s. It's 100% silk and my very most favorite thing about it is that it buttons down the back. It can be yours by clicking here.

So, like I promised, I've been posting a new item everyday. Tomorrow's is going to be awesome.

But in addition to posting, I've also been working on the social media for the store. You can see, over to the right here, links to the Bad White Trash Memories Facebook page and the Twitter feed. You can also "like" the store on Facebook, right here from this page. I've also set it up so that all my blog posts automatically post to Twitter and Facebook. Unfortunately, this is causing a few redundancy issues right now that I'm not quite sure how to resolve. But I'm thinking on it. So please be patient if you're getting over-notified about new items.

My plan is to use this blog for entries like this one that go into detail about new listed items and give information and updates about the store in general. I also plan to share stories of my adventures in hunting for merchandise. I'm planning to use twitter to live-tweet shopping trips and give short notices when a new blog is posted or a new item goes up for sale. Facebook will provide links to new merchandise and new blog entries, plus there's a virtual store on the Facebook page as well that allows you to browse items directly from Facebook.

Thanks for the love everyone has been giving me on Facebook. I'm so appreciative of the support that Bad White Trash Memories is receiving from my friends and from strangers. I get all tickled when someone I don't know "likes" my store.

Hare Krishna.

No comments: