Thursday, January 21, 2010

On The Road

Wow. This blog is amazing. I want to be these guys when I grow up. I haven't seem American Pickers, but plan to check it out the next time it airs.

I recognize the need for me to get a regular 9-5 job with benefits now that I'm on my own, but clearly, my passion is vintage housewares. And clothes. And accessories, so while I'm still looking for a 9-5 and even after I land one, I'm really going to focus on growing this business for a while. Already, my profits cover my expenses, which is pretty remarkable for a new business. It's a good model and I have an eye for it. And it is my dream.

I need to work more on my marketing and building up my inventory more, although it's pretty respectable. I need to take better pictures of my merch. There's lots of stuff I need to do and I have the time right now, so what better time?

I'm headed off the Savannah this weekend and I'm going to try to hit some thrift stores while I'm down there.

I'll post my finds when I return on Tuesday.

Also, I've decided against the divorce blog. Bad idea.

Now, all I have to do tonight is decide if I want to watch the Jersey Shore Reunion or The Real Housewives of Orange County. Sophie's choice.

No comments: