Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blogity Blogity Blog Blog- New Direction

Ok, so this isn't my only blog. I know a lot of the people that read this blog also read what is basically my personal journal over on Live Journal. That's where all the real dirt is. You can also find lots of whining and nonsense over there. I started this blog to be my sort of "professional" blog, but I don't really know what it's amounted to. Certainly no income.

Mostly, this is my fault because I update it so rarely and my content over here is pretty weak, but since it is my "professional" blog, I have to keep things somewhat professional, which means that I just skim the surface of my personal life and try to keep my opinions as mum as possible, as not to alienate any potential empolyers. So, why does this blog even exist and what do I hope to accomplish with it?

Well, the name of this blog is also the name of my fabulous online vintage store, Bad White Trash Memories, and I've decided to use this blog as a way of expanding on what I do there.

That means that I'm going to be talking a lot about vintage housewares. I can almost feel the rush of people unbookmarking me. I'll also be sharing my adventures in yard saling and thrifting, etc.

But because I have this ridiculous need to share my personal life with the internet, I'm going to also be starting a new blog that chronicles my experience with divorce. This blog will be anonymous and not have my real name attached to it in any way, but if you'd like to read it, shoot me an email and I'll send you the link. Well, maybe I'll send it to you, depending on who you are, but if you only know me professionally, I won't be sharing that link with you since I plan on chronicling all the ins and outs of my (very) personal life there. The live journal ridiculousness will also continue, so those of you that read that blog can keep up with me there.

I'm just trying to give this thing direction. Trying to steer the ship a little better. Get hold of the reigns. Etc.

No comments: