Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hire me!

The cold weather is decidedly a downer. I've always been a fan of cold, especially in comparrison to hot, but this winter just seems to be chilling me to the core. I feel frozen in so many ways right now, but especially with my career.

I've always been pretty confident about my chosen profession, but that confidence has been shaken by the past year of unemployment. Technically, unemployment was a choice for me, but I didn't forsee the other circumstances of my life changing so dramatically.

I guess, honestly, maybe I thought that I'd have a baby and be a stay-at-home mom. Clearly, that didn't happen and it isn't likely to happen anytime in the next five years or so.

It's funny, but right now, what I want more than anything is a job. A job equals money and money equals freedom. But, it's more than that. It's something to do. Something to focus on. Something to keep my mind occupied.

I don't mind working. I get a great deal of satisfaction from my work. I want to work. I want to do good work and work hard.

So, I'm putting this out there into the ether. Someone hire me. I will work hard. I will do a good job. I am smart and adaptable and talented. I'm great under deadline pressure and stress.

Someone take a chance on me!

No comments: