Friday, November 6, 2009

Email Hoax

I had a funny conversation via Facebook chat with my old pal Nick yesterday. Nick recently got married in Vegas and sent out a facebook message asking a bunch of people for their addresses, I presume to invite them to some sort of reception. In any case, in the message he sent out, he wrote, "Please do not 'Reply All'" Of course, everyone did.

1:42pmJennifer
Everyone keeps replying all
despite your warning
1:43pmNick
I am going to put them on direct mailing lists as punishment
1:43pmJennifer
hahaha
I'll just give my mom their email addresses
so she can send them warnings that Obama is the antichrist and it's dangerous to wear deoderant and heat water in the microwave
1:45pmNick
hahaha
I've got some awesome ones from my mom too
"This isn't a hotel... it's a house!"
1:46pmJennifer
I haven't gotten that one, but I can imagine
1:46pmNick
look at where your money goes when you fill up the tank! This sheik's house!
1:50pmNick
http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/nahyan.asp
Jennifer
hahahahahaha
awesome
1:53pmNick
I got so many crazy emails from my mom before the election
1:53pmJennifer
that's his home in Afghanistan where he worships Satan and kills puppies
2:05pmNick
what is your email address?
2:05pmJennifer
oh no
you don't really think I'm going to fall for that, do you?
2:06pmNick
I will send you my fake obama thing, then you send it to your mom, then we'll see if it gets back to my mom
2:06pmJennifer
wait
that's actually a good idea
I'm in

We then continued to collaborate on a terrific email hoax. I'm not willing to reveal it yet, because it will ruin the results of the experiment, but I assure you that I will alert you when Nick receives the email from his mom, if all goes as expected. I'm only sending it to one person- my mom. Let's see what happens.

2:22pmJennifer
ha
I gotta go
talk to you later
I'll be looking forward to the girl you're apparently about to send me
2:23pmNick
send me that thing when you're done!
girl?
2:24pmJennifer
hahahaha
gift
2:24pmNick
I'm actually sending you a girl to raise
have fun!
she likes to steal

No comments: