Friday, June 5, 2009

Much to say.

Okay. First things first. The Hills Season Finale. Are you kidding me? Lauren just leaves. That's it. We don't get any idea of where she's going? And Heidi and Spencer get married AGAIN. And I guess this was just an open invitation wedding because did Spencer and Heidi ever even meet Justin Bobby? Was he just there as a prop for Kristin to sit next to? And what about Spencer's family. I mean, there's Stephanie, obvy, but don't they have parents? Were they at the wedding? The rehearsal dinner? It's hard to believe that two people who could raise such fame whores wouldn't be interested in being in the show. So, Lauren and Whitney are gone and I'm supposed to watch this show next season? No way. Well, maybe. No promises.

Now on the less important things. There have been some major developments with our dogs. Primarily, we've decided to go ahead and adopt Douglas. Shocker, I know. We've had him 10 months now and he loves us and we love him and just couldn't stand to lose him. Also, Duke finally got neutered. Other than his incessant licking at his stitches, he seems no worse for wear.

Yesterday, I went to a huge yard sale with my mom. It's the Decatur First Baptist Church yardsale, billed as "The World's Largest Yardsale." Here's some video I ganked off the inDECATUR blog.




I snagged two chairs for my living room, which aren't exactly what I had in mind, but at $15 each they will do until I find the perfect chairs, at which point I'll resell these on Craigslist. I also got a Brody milk glass vase, a mushroom-themed canister, a little sheep figurine and a cute pink clutch. I should get those up on the Bad White Trash Memories etsy shop early next week.

In the meantime, I've listed several new items, including the following:





That last one is a bracelet that I found at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. It's from Morocco and it seems to have a strange Islam/Hindu combination theme. I'm not exactly up on either my Islam or Hindu symbolism, but it has charms of the crescent and star and a woman in a burqa. Also has a camel, an Arabic man and what seems to be a hand with a henna design. Good stuff and more coming soon! I love yard sale season!


Also, when I was trying to find out if what the woman on the bracelet is wearing is actually called a burqa and how that it spelled, I found this:

That's an Islamic swim suit. It scores very low in the "aerodynamic" category, but very high in the "modest " category. Good times.

1 comment:

Anny said...

Yay Douglas :D

That's a swim suit!? I was thinking how practical it was for jogging!

I'm always jealous of your yard sale finds.