Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Starving

When I was in high school, instead of eating lunch, my friends and I would sing, to the tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"-

Starve, starve, starve yourself
Starve until you die
If you don't eat, then you'll be thin
and find yourself a guy!

I know.  We needed therapy.  

As of yesterday, I have embarked on a new eating plan where I count my calories.  It's tedious, but I honestly didn't realize how many calories I was consuming before.  I had a vague notion of "too many," but I'm just realizing how many too many.  

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha! I still sing that song. It's enjoying a revival in my brain now that I'm on the calorie-counting train once again.

When I started counting calories for the first time ever 2 years ago, I also had no idea how much food I was eating. I thought the same thing; I knew it was more than I needed but had no clue what I was actually getting. Calorie counting is hard and a giant pain in the ass but it works. Good luck on your journey.

Anonymous said...

I still sing this, too! It's really quite catchy.
I count calories, and it stinks. Since I'm not going to give up eating junk, I've started eating those 100 calorie packs. I eat one of those (or fruit!) every two hours throughout the day. My metabolism is always working.
Good luck to you.
Jenimoore

sarahbella said...

Now I have that song in my head! lol.

Anny said...

Good luck...promise not to starve or create any further jingles :O