Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Your Next Design Star!

As anyone who knows me knows, my passion is interior design. I've always dreamed of combining my television experience with my passion and having my own interior design television show. I mean, I've dreamed of this like say, one might dream of having a winter home in Aruba and a summer home in Paris. Like, it's a wild and crazy completely impossible dream. Especially because I'm not even an interior designer. But, interior design is not neurosurgery and much of it is instintucal and I've studied it enough to be able to consider myself more knowledgeable about it than the general public- possibly even an expert in some areas. So.... I'm going to try out for the next season of Design Star on HGTV. I'm almost embarassed to say that because it's so far-fetched and seems almost egotistical to say, but I'm not doing it because I have a shot, but because it's a dream and right now.... well, I don't have anything else to do besides pursue my dreams.

The deadline is December 15. And the requirements are many. Like I have to send in a "portfolio" of rooms that I have designed. Uh..... I guesss I'd better get busy on the living room! Is it even possible for me to develop a portfolio in that amount of time? On like NO budget. I guess we're going to see!

No comments: