Thursday, November 13, 2008

eHow

I once again got out of bed early this morning and headed to work as usual, but just to clean out my office. Even after just one day, I felt much less attached to my work there and I was able to throw out some things that I'd decided to keep earlier in the week. I just realized that there was no way I would need them in my new life. I let it go and it felt good.

I went to a Weight Watchers meeting today. It feels so cultish sometimes, but it's the only thing that's ever worked for me (or anyone else I know for that matter) in terms of weight loss, so I'm back to counting points. Starting Saturday. I'm not starting today or tomorrow because I need to go to the grocery store and we don't get paid until tomorrow, plus, I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with a former co-worker at the zoo.

After Weight Watchers, I signed up to be a writer on eHow and submitted two articles:

How to Professionally Frost a Cake

How to Publicize a Charity Event

I'm going to try to write and submit one of these per day, although I'm not sure how many things I actually know how to do. I have a lot in mind for right now, though.

These are cool because although you don't get paid to write them, you get residual income from them. So, from now on, every time someone reads that article, I'll get paid. Cents. Maybe less than a cent. A tiny tiny amount.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to look into Associated Content. It's the same sort of deal, I think, only it's not "how to." It's just content. Which I have TONS of. Blah blah blah.

I didn't apply for any full time jobs today- couldn't find anything- but I did spend a good deal of time looking.

I also did more laundry and sold the coffee table in the den. That, combined with money I transferred out of my paypal account covers the sofa that I bought yesterday. Hopefully, I can sell some more stuff over the weekend so that I can finish decorating the living room. I'm so ready for one room in our house to look nice.

Tomorrow, I have several things that I need to do-

-Lunch with Sherry to discuss freelance opportunities at her job
-Send Duane an email about writing for The Tribune (he left me a voicemail today)
-Set up a meeting with Shena from the Damian Wilkins Foundation about writing a grant for her
-Set up a meeting with Liz about writing for a local parenting magazine
-Send Whitney at Newcomer the writing clips she asked for
-Talk to Susan and Carole about AARF grant
-Pitch story to pet magazine
-Take pictures of items for Etsy Store
- Children's Books
- Ashtray
- Tea pot
- Kitten
- Cup and saucer
- Two blouses
-Take picures of items for craigslist and post for sale
- rug
- white shelf

No comments: